These photos are from two separate weekends. They represent things I saw, did, and want to do around New York.
I definitely want to see Silence The Musical.
Break Dancing always fun to see.
Cecil Beaton photo and costume exhibit at The Museum of the City of New York – so glad I got there before it closed.
The did The Ride this past Saturday. Awesome fun.
Jack – one of the hosts on The Ride. Doesn’t he look like Matthew Broderick/Jonathan Cryer?
As seen on Columbus Circle courtesy of The Ride.
Even though it’s 278 days till Halloween it’s just 16 days till I’m on the R.I.P. line at Blood Manor’s Anti-Valentine Event.
This lover of all things haunted simply can’t wait.
Will you dare to be there?
Not only does 2012 have three Friday the 13ths, 13 weeks apart from each other, but it’s also a leap year. And I have decided that’s only going to make this year even luckier for me.
Here’s some interesting bits for you:
- If you fear Friday the 13th then you are considered a triskaidekaphobe.
- Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Theodore Bundy and Albert De Salvo all have 13 letters in their names. It is said if your name has 13 letters then yours will be the luck of the devil.
- Many airports airports do not have a gate 13. Hospitals and hotels usually avoid having a room 13, and most high-rise buildings don’t have a 13th floor.
- Popular rapper Tupac Shakur died on Friday the 13th.
- Four of the 12 movies in the Friday the 13th franchise were released on Friday the 13th; the original (1980), the sequel (1981) and the 2009 remake.
- Famous folks born on Friday the 13th include: Fidel Castro, Margaret Thatcher, Butch Cassidy, Samuel Beckett (Irish writer), and actors Christopher Plummer, Bob Crane, Don Adams, and Steve Buscemi.
- The US Seal has 13 stars, bars, feathers in the eagle’s tail, 13 bars in one claw, 13 olive branches in the other. On the USA Dollar Bill, there are 13 steps on the pyramid, 13 bars on the shield, and 13 leaves on the olive branch.
- Speaking of money the words E Pluribus Unum has 13 letters.
- In Ancient Greece Zeus was counted as the 13th and most powerful God.
- The number 13 was considered lucky in acient Egypt; the symbolic last step in the ladder of life was the thirteenth.
- You get one extra when you have a bakers dozen – 13.
- There are 13 full moons in a year. And you know the moon and I have a special thing going on.
1. Dancing by the Light of the Moon!, 2. // and the moon has turned red over one tree hill //, 3. 041207 harvest moon over bay, 4. .it’s only a paper moon., 5. Over the moon, 6. Cat House Moon, 7. Moon over mountains, 8. Moon Winx Lodge, 9. 2 Points for The Moon Goddess, 10. New York Moon, 11. Sleeping on the Moon – นอนบนพระจันทร์, 12. Against the Moon, 13. full moon.14. Not available15. Not available16. Not available
My most thorough promenade to date; disovered several scenes and rooms I had missed the first two times. Going for a fourth time before January. If you go I recommend going late, and hanging out in the speakeasy lounge both before and after.
Booked tickets for 12/18 – my first Murder Mystery Dinner – one of my birthday wishes. I’m bound and determined to find out whodunnit.
This is where I’ll be this coming Sunday night. I can hear you all thinking: She just can’t get enough of the scary stuff can she? Uh, nope she can’t.
Back again soon.
Much bloglove to all